Resources & Publications
We are fortunate enough to be able to obtain publications from a wide variety of sources for land management. Below are links to various resources for landowner needs. We also have a variety of pamphlets, guides, and demonstrations that you may find of interest so please stop by the Conservation District or give us a call so we can mail you information.
- Xeriscaping : A sustainable method for landscaping.
- Weed Management : Full website to images and information regarding weeds.
- Small Acreage Landowner Tips:
- Lives and Landscapes : As more people make Montana their home, traditional ranches and farms are being divided into smaller acreage lots. Lives and Landscapes Magazine is a published by MSU Extension three times per year for those landowners, and anyone else looking for information and education on the natural resource issues they face as they care for their land.
- MSU Small Acreage
- Tips on Land & Water Management for Small Farms & Ranches in Montana : Conservation values, property goals, weed control, soils, irrigation, grazing, water pollution, riparian areas, wildlife, and conservation.
- Stream Permitting : If you are planning to do work on or near a waterway in Montana, one or several permits may be required. Conservation districts, along with participating agencies, created a Joint Application Form to help reduce the number of application forms that you need to complete to get your permits. We hope that in addition to reducing paperwork, the use of the form will increase coordination and streamline the permitting process. Notices of proposed project must be submitted on the joint application for proposed work on streams to the conservation district in which the activity will take place.
- Licenses and Permits: DNRC issues licenses and permits for a variety of activities. This page contains the most-requested items from each division.
- Stream Permitting Book: Montana Stream Permitting: A Guide for Conservation District Supervisors and Others is a publication developed to assist conservation districts and agencies in reviewing stream project.
- Septic Systems : Tools, pamphlets, and video’s can be distributed to better assist with the understanding of your septic system.
- Water Rights : A link to venture into the world of water rights, what they are, what they entail, and what your rights are.
- Ownership maps: the CD has 3 types of publications showing county land ownership. A wall map, quite large, that costs $40 plus shipping, a color booklet that costs $40 plus shipping and a black and white booklet that costs $25 plus shipping.